Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Can't Read My, Can't Read My...Polka Dots

whatiwore.03.08.11

Dress: American Eagle Outfitters
Top (underneath): Banana Republic
Cardigan and Flats: Old Navy
Ring and Necklaces: Forever 21

whatiwore.03.08.11_2

I love that a majority of the polka dots I see on Everybody, Everywear are skirts and dresses. It has this fun flirty vibe when polka dots are presented that way. Don't worry polka dot tops, I love you too. 

whatiwore.03.08.11_3

This is one of my favorite dresses I have worn it before here and here. I was leaning towards the latter look, but wanted to add something different to it. So I layered my orange top underneath. I love it when you can layer unexpected items and it makes an outfit look totally different. 

Polka Dots | Everybody, Everywear

13 comments:

Samantha Marie said...

I really love polka dots! What a great idea to layer the orange top under, looks great! :)

Laurel Harrison said...

I love your dress! {SQUEAL} I especially love the contrast with the top underneath. :) My full skirt is one of my absolute favorite pieces and I got it FOR. FREE. at a swap I hosted. There was a gal with a polka dot cardigan. Did you see her? It was absolutely fabulous!

eclecticflair said...

LOVE this dress! And your post title made me LOL!

Lidi @ Eclectic Flair

Linda said...

First of all, the look is terrific. The blue with the orange, the shape of the whole thing and how it fits you - perfect!
Second, you are showing some seriously toned legs!

Thanks for joining us at EBEW today!
The Auspicious Life

Amy Z. said...

I love the pop of orange! And that dress is too cute. I WANT!

Samantha said...

I would have guessed this was two layered shirts and a skirt! Love that dress! I'm going to have to invest in more polka dots, seeing everyone's EBEW look has left me craving more!

Also, I have Disqus but it won't let me sign in. Wondering if anyone else if having problems?

Agentsuperstar said...

Adorable dress! :)

agentsuperstar-youarehere.blogspot.com

Kristin Marshall said...

Cute dress! I love how you added the pop of color with the top/cardigan.

Erin said...

So pin-up-y! Love the polka dots!

Glad you've been liking BtB! :)

Stephanie said...

Thanks! Aren't polka dots great! I know for a while Disqus wasn't even showing on my blog. Maybe it was just for a moment.

Gypsy*Diaries said...

You're ROCKING that polka girl!!! :D Greetings from a fellow polka girl from EBEW!
xxx

http://gypsy-diaries.blogspot.com/

P.S: I'm giving away a $500 FOLEY + CORINNA bag for my blog's Birthday! Would love to see you joining the fun! :D

Samantha said...

They are great indeed! So strange though, after I posted the comment my Disqus profile came up. It's probably just being contrary.

Gizell Dixon said...

this dress is adorable!