Tuesday, November 17, 2015

30 Days of Star Wars: Her Universe Star Wars Collection


Unless you've been living under a rock, you might have heard that a certain movie revisiting a "Galaxy far, far, away" will make its way into theaters next month. 30 days to be exact. So to commemorate it, I'll be attempting to write a Star Wars post every day until the Dec. 17 (yeah it actually comes out on the 18th, but we all know die hard fans will be watching it the night before.)
I'll be posting everything to DIY projects to links to worthwhile articles. I'll also be documenting a R2D2 costume I.m creating for my costuming class.

First off, yesterday Her Universe partnered with Hot Topic and released an exclusive collection and of course I want it all! Her Universe really paved the way to bring fandom fashion mainstream. I remember when the only way to express your favorite fandom, a word that wasn't even used back then, was buying the shirts in the men's department. Now you can find clothing at every big box store and there are a plethora of crafters online that make fandom clothing and accessories. Stayed tuned for that post!

As for the Star Wars collection, here are my favorites.

Princess Leia Dress
Darth Vader Cape Dress
Darth Vader Faux Leather Jacket. Inside the lining is red with "You underestimate the power of the dark side" printed on the inside.
BB-8 Bomber Jacket. There's also Boba Fett version.

Baseball tee with the Star Wars cast

R2-D2 Sweater




Darth Vader Sweater

 Do you plan on purchasing anything from the line?

No comments: