Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Geeking Weekend

I'm finally getting around to posting this, but a few weeks ago, I went with my friend Christina to Stan Lee's Comikaze over at the Los Angeles Convention Center. I have to say it was a lot of fun. Being in it's second year, it way smaller than Comic-Con. BuL thatps what I like about it. With lots of room to walk around the convention floor and some really cool panels, if I don't get tickets to next years Comic-Con, then I'll most certainly going to next years Comikaze. I even dressed up as a 50's style Idris from Doctor Who, so of course I had my Doctors and take pictures with them.


The Cast of Salute Your Shorts

Kirk Baily aka: Ug 
Cast of The Guild minus Sandeep Parikh (Zaboo). The panel was basically a Q&A session, but I was too shy to ask a question. Still kicking myself for not doing that.
My 50's Idris costume. I ended up taking off the belt because it kept falling off. Also I had this really cool headpiece that lit up, but I put it on hair clips instead of a headband and it would not stay on.
Face-Off Booth
Bane Cosplay
Awesome Doctor Who Prints
It was interesting seeing a Quidditch game in real life.
Steampunk X-Men
Norman Reedus

C-3PO
Fezzes are Cool
PANDA!
The most awesome Adipose costume ever!
Who knew fat could look so cute!
Femme Fourth Doctor! I love her scarf and I need to learn how to knit so I can make one for myself.
The Eleventh Doctor, the only one that actually got to me Idris in human form. In "The Doctor's Wife" and at Comikaze. :P
My favorite Doctor, Ten.
I ended up talking to Tim Eyster aka Sponge from Salute Your Shorts. When I went to the reunion panel, he was the only one that look totally different. He was really cool to talk to and he has a Facebook Page where you can interact with him and get some Sponge t-shirts.
I ended up buying these cool prints from artist Jeremy Rathbone

No comments: