Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Summer Solstice

whatiwore.06.21.11
Octopus Tank, Tank (underneath), cropped cardigan and skirt: Old Navy
Sandals: Payless
Ring: Charlotte Russe

whatiwore.06.21.11_2

whatiwore.06.21.11_3

The official start of summer is finally here and it was a scorcher in So Cal. Where I live it was around 100 degrees which will probably be the norm for the rest of the summer.  

I wore this yesterday to go watch LOTR: The Two Towers with my brother. I never watched the last two movies in it's entirety, so it's been pretty cool to watch it on the big screen. It also makes me even more excited for The Hobbit which is finally in production. I remember watching the animated movie version all the time when I was younger. 

Also this past weekend, my sister flew over from New York for a short visit. So the weekend was spent going to the beach, (can't you tell by my tan legs) visiting relatives, eating grilled steak and corn for father's day and just hanging out. We did watch Super 8 with our brothers which was good. My sister said it was a mix of The Goonies and E.T. Plus Kyle Chandler is still swoon worthy even during his Early Edition days. Remember that show? It was great that she visited since I probably won't see her until Christmas.

Finally I took my first boot camp class. I bought the Groupon for a month of classes about 2 months ago and I decided that today was the day to start it. I have to say I am so out of shape. The last time I really worked out was 3-4 years ago. So it kicked my butt, but it was worth it because I feel the endorphins working. So hopefully not only will I shed some pounds, but I'll gain more energy in the process.



2 comments:

Lydia Marie said...

Ooh, I'm so excited for The Hobbit too!  And that octopus tank is just too cute, love it

Megan said...

That octopus tank is super awesome and I am so excited for The Hobbit too! What a great read it was. :)

Good luck with the rest of boot camp! I need to kick my butt into shape too.