Wednesday, June 1, 2011

The Metropolitan Museum of Art

IMG_2767

Another place that I visited during my stay in New York was the Metropolitan Museum of Art. My sister, her boyfriend and I went there late Sunday afternoon so we didn't get to see all of the museum. Maybe if I tried hard enough, I could have been like Claudia Kincaid and find a way to hide in the museum overnight. But I'm too old for that stuff so I'll have to settle with checking out a few of the exhibits. The exhibit on top of the must see list was Alexander McQueen: Savage Beauty and that's where most of our museum time went towards.  

IMG_2768

We had to wait for about a hour, the line snaking its way through other exhibits. At least we had other things to look at while waiting. It was a weekend, so the exhibit was packed. In some of the rooms, everyone was shuffling along. But nevertheless, it was a great experience getting to see his artistry close up and I was little stealthy with taking some pictures on my phone.

McQ_redandwhite
McQ_redandwhite2
McQ_shinyoutfit
McQ_Shoes

Here are some more pictures I took while at the museum. 
IMG_2777

IMG_2779

IMG_2776

IMG_2780

IMG_2781

1 comment:

Vanessa said...

Gah - I really want to check out that McQueen exhibit, but I'm not in a position to travel to NYC right now. It looks like a really fun visit!