Saturday, February 5, 2011

Friend Friday: Hopping On Thee Old Bandwagon?



There was a lot of hubbub surrounding the current 30x30 and whether or not bloggers where just jumping on the bandwagon. It was to the point feeling like some of the comments were just downright rude. To somewhat quote Ms. Mary J. "No more drama in the blogsphere."
Thanks once again to Katy to posting these questions!

1. With all the blogging events out there how do you determine which
ones to participate in and which ones to avoid? 
 I pick events I know that I'll enjoy doing and blogging about. I ask myself would I still participate even if I wasn't a blogger.

2. Be honest, have you ever jumped on the bandwagon of some blogging
movement/event for the wrong reasons? How did that turn out?
I remember when all the popular bloggers had Lookbook.nu, Weardrobe and Chictopia. I signed up for all three sites, but the only I actually go to is Chictopia and I've only just started adding pictures again. Sometimes it's more time consuming that I would like it to be. When I first about the 30x30 I needed something to motivate me not to shop as much and this was perfect.  I also found out that doing the 30x30 has made me connect with more bloggers than being on the personal style sites. 
 
3. How do you give your own flair to a blog event while still
maintaining the general mission and purpose?
I try have my personality shine through whether it through my humor or lack thereof or the pop-culture references I tent to pull out of my blogging hat once in a while. Ok, more than once in a while. :P

4. When determining the best content for your blog what criterion do
you keep in mind? 
I make sure that it's fun, plain and simple. Things like the 30x30 and EBEW are fun blogger events I like to do and it involves some creativity on my part. If I enjoy participating in the event, it'll show through to my readers. I don't want to be involved with events I don't have a passion for. It'll make it frustrating for you and in-turn, for your readers.
 
5. While everything will not suit your blog, how do you try and
support your fellow bloggers who are participating in something
worthwhile but not your style?
I think the best thing is encouragement. Of course there might an event I don't particularly  want to participate in. But if I knew other bloggers  were participating, I would support them. We're all here to have fun with fashion and find our style. We don't need the tearing down of each other by saying how a event is ridiculous or whatnot. I graduated high school a long time ago and I don't want to deal with high school antics in the blogging community. 

No comments: