Sunday, January 9, 2011

Thank You for Being a Friend

Velvet Dress: Forever 21
Blazer: Target
Bag: Old Navy
Necklace: Express
Tights: Target


Today I spent very in due girl bonding time with my friend Kathleen. While we may only live 30 minutes from each other, the last time we hung out was at a No Doubt concert in August of '09. So we met up in Downtown Riverside and for the next 4 hours we talked and got up to date on the goings on in our lives over coffee, (hazelnut lattes from The Coffee Bean are very good btw), wandered around downtown and had some yummy cupcakes. I had a great time hanging out with Kathleen and we plan on hanging out again much sooner next time.
First off we went to the Riverside Museum with the intentions of checking out the Star Trek exhibit, until we found out the exhibit is at a different location. Oops! It's open until February 28th, so we still have time to check it out. But we still explored their current exhibits.






We then made our way to the antique market which was a candy land for me. There's four floors full of jewelery, furniture, clothing and cute tchotchkes. We spent a good hour and a half wandering around the different booths.






I ended up picking up two brooches of a banjo and a cat and a little Betsy McCall figure. I picked the one where she's holding the microphone, but I liked them all.



Afterwards we filled our tummies with cupcakes from Casey's Cupcakes. The last time I was in the area the shop wasn't finished, but when we walked in it was all pink and girly. They had a lot of varieties of cupcakes. It took me a few minutes to pick one, but I ended up getting the cupcake of the month, Casey's Confetti Cheer while Kathleen picked the Scrumptious Cinnamon Sugar.  I heard their Razzmatazz Raspberry is good, but of course it was sold out when I was there. All the more reason to go back and try it.
Also random trivia about the shop.
The owner Casey Reinhardt, was in season two of Laguna Beach.




On the agenda for next week, my first visit to the LACMA. :)

No comments: