Friday, January 14, 2011

Once a Gemini, Always a Gemini

Did you hear? Apparently we've been reading the wrong horoscope this whole time due to the Earth shifting for the past 2,500. Now there's a 13th zodiac added to the mix, the Ophiuchus (a serpent) for those born on Nov. 29th to Dec. 17th. 
So if I were to go by this, I would no longer be a Gemini and would instead be a Taurus. 
Uh, yeah right and highly unlikely because I'm a Gemini through and through. 


Anyways, this got me thinking to something I wanted to post last month but didn't have a chance to. December 23rd of last year marked a year and a half before I turn the big 3-0. Seriously people, where does all this time go? I have this weird mix of dread and excitement heading into that 3 decade milestone. Dread because it serves as a reminder that I'm not getting any younger, even if people think I'm younger than I really am. But excitement because I've heard that your 30's are the best years since you become more comfortable in your skin. I'm hoping more for the latter. 
With that, I wanted to come up with a list of 30 things I want to accomplish before 05/23/12. Will I cross off everything on my list before that day? Who knows, but at least when my 30th does roll around, I will proudly say I was able to accomplish these things. 

So here it goes in no particular order... 

My 30 before 30
  1. Run a marathon
  2.  Learn to play a musical instrument
  3. Play at an open mic night
  4. Become a homeowner
  5. Go to Paris and England
  6. Experience New York Fashion Week
  7. Have at least $5,000 in my savings if not more
  8. Finally have my coup d'etat playlist make it on the airwaves of 94.9 
  9. Face my slight fear of the ocean and learn how to surf
  10. See Radiohead in concert
  11. Watch all the movies on the AFI Top 100 of all time list
  12. Go to Hawaii
  13. Become conversationally fluent in Tagalog
  14. Visit my relatives in the Philippines and be able to converse with them
  15. Go on a cruise
  16. Take a cross country road-trip
  17. Go to Dollywood and hopefully get a picture with her
  18. Go wine tasting in Napa and have a dining experience at French Laundry
  19. Volunteer with Habitat for Humanity
  20. Go to Coachella
  21. Have a career and not just a job
  22. Take a more healthier lifestyle
  23. Host a successful dinner party
  24. Visit the Midwest
  25. Go on The Amazing Race (if by some luck I was on it, not be in the first team eliminated)
  26. Go to Vegas!
  27. See Daft Punk in concert
  28. Go skydiving
  29. Go to trapeze school
  30. Meet Zooey Dechanel

No comments: