Thursday, October 24, 2013

ModCloth Polyvore Challenge

ModCloth Sacramento Style Skirt


Last week ModCloth e-mailed me asking if I wanted to be part of their Polyvore Challenge. It's a weekly challenge where bloggers will have one item to create an outfit from with other items currently selling on their site. Each week, the winning outfit gets posted on the ModCloth Ployvore page with a link back to their blog. It's been a while since I have created my dream outfits there, so I thought why not. 

The challenge was to style the Sacramento Style skirt. The first thing I thought when I saw the piece was that it was very summery. With hints of fall already in the air, I wanted to make an outfit that would be versatile in the cooler weather.

Here are the items I paired the skirt with:

Sweaters with animals are all the rage this season and it makes the outfit a bit more casual. Plus the green in the cat's eye matches the green in the skirt.

Not only does the jacket lend a tomboy edge to the outfit, but the black helps temper the bright colors. 

I just really like this bag and I need to add to my Christmas wish list. 

Made to look like knee socks are attached, these tights are very clever. Also who doesn't like a wearable brown flat bootie. 

- Brick and Chose Earrings
I like the subtle hint of nerdom in these earrings.

I would wear this outfit for a nice casual outing with my friends. How would you style this skirt? Also as I was making this outfit, it made me miss making Polyvore sets. So check back here this weekend for four quick and easy Halloween costume ideas.

No comments: