Saturday, February 23, 2013

Crafturday: Glitter Covered Pencil Holders


This year, I'm making an effort in being more neat and organized and one place I started is my desk. I got rid of the various mugs I was using for pencil/pen storage and wanted to make the canisters I was keeping look more uniformed. Originally I was going to spray paint the canisters gold and that was it. But then I remembered I had some glitter and Modge Podge and decided to sparkle them up even more. This is probably one of the simplest ways to make your various pencil/storage holders look more uniformed. 

Materials:
  • Canisters of various sizes 
  • Modge Podge and fine glitter in any color or Krylon Glitter Spray
  • Foam brush and bowl
  • Spraypaint 
 Directions:
  • Clean canisters to get rid of dirt and dust.
  • If you don't want glitter inside the canisters, spraypaint the insides the same color as the glitter. Or you can even use a contrasting color.
  • Spraypaint the pieces. Use a light coat of paint and let dry between sprays so it doesn't run. (If you use the Krylon Glitter Spray, let dry and you're all done!)

  • If you plan on using Modge Podge and glitter, it's pretty easy too. Use equal parts of both, mix with the foam brush and paint on the canister. 



There's nothing else to it. Give it a few hours for it to dry and you now have brand spanking new holders for pencils or anything else you want to put in them.


No comments: