Thursday, May 3, 2012

Weekend of Nerdery

First off I can't believe it's already May. We're almost halfway done with the year! Secondly, the first weekend of May is going to be full of win. 

On Thursday, I'm going with some of my friends to the midnight screening of The Avengers. I'm so excited!!! From what I heard, the movie is really good and some are saying it's the best Marvel movie ever. Much can be attributed to writer/director Joss Whedon, who is just brilliant. On a related note, if you still haven't seen The Cabin in the Woods, that he co-wrote with Drew Goddard, see it! What you think is  your typical horror movie is so much more. There's enough plot twists to make your head spin, in a good way. That's all I'm going to say about that because if I say anything else, I'm just going to spoil it. 

Source
Also on May 4 is Star Wars Day! I'll be spending my evening watching the original trilogy while making some Millenium Falcon and Tie Starfighter sandwiches. May the 4th be with you. ;P

Source
My Star Wars PB&J
Then on Saturday is the annual Free Comic Book Day. Going to my local comic book store get my free comic and hopefully get educated on comics too. I'm such a noob when it comes to comics.


To cap it all off, season 2 of Sherlock finally premires on in the states over on PBS. I already watched it back in January, but it'll be nice to watch it on a TV screen and not a computer screen. If you haven't watched season 1 yet, you must! I love the chemistry between Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman. They make the perfect Sherlock and Watson. 



What will you be nerding out on this weekend?

No comments: