Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Get it Girl, Workout!


 
  I was once like Ann Perkins when it came to jogging/running.

When it comes to exercise, it's sporadic at best. I always fall into the trap of working out for a month, then stopping all together and get back to my regular scheduled program of eating junk food in front of the TV or computer. I have the common problem where I make up excuses why I can't workout today. Most likely because I say that I'm "too busy," and I use the same excuse everyday. The last time I exercised was 8 months ago.

But this week I'm changing that and making exercise a part of my daily life permanently. I got together with my friend Amy who is an avid runner, she completed a half-marathon last week, to help me get back in  shape and after two days it's good. No wonder they tell people to have a workout buddy. It's nice to have someone to motivate you and give you the push you need.

I also planning on participating in two running competitions. The first one is Run For Your Lives in October. It's an 5k run, with an obstacle course and... zombies. Scary! When I first heard about it, I knew I wanted to do it. I even know that I want to dress up as Shaun from Shaun of the Dead, dorky I know. The other one is the Diamond Valley Lake Marathon in March 2013. I have running a marathon in my bucket list and while this may not be as prestigious as the Los Angeles, New York, or Boston Marathons, at least I can say I successfully completed one. Ten months will give me plenty of time to train for it.

The only thing I need to work on is eating healthier. Now that's going to be a challenge for me because I love food.

What do you do to motivate yourself to workout and eat healthier?

Also here's some Kayne for your morning workout: 

No comments: