Monday, March 12, 2012

Peanut Butter and Chocolate Chip Cupcakes


On Saturday, I had the itch to bake. I found some yellow cake mix in the cabinet, but didn't feel like making your basic cupcakes. I saw this recipe for peanut butter and chocolate chip cupcakes and wanted to adapt it by using the cake mix instead. So did a little Google search and found the perfect recipe. I also had some leftover dark chocolate candy in the house and incorporated it in the mix. And I have to say they came out pretty good. 


Ingredients:
  • 1 package yellow cake mix
  • 1/2 cup chunky peanut butter (I used creamy peanut butter)
  • Chocolate chips (I added this to the recipe)

For the chocolate I used what was left of the Godiva chocolate gems (there was about 14 pieces) and rough chopped them. This probably yielded about a 1/2 cup. Of course if you use chocolate chips you might want to use 1 cup to get maximum chocolate goodness. 


For the frosting, I used this chocolate buttercream recipe and added 2 tablespoons of peanut butter. Ever since I started making my own frosting, I can't go back to canned frosting. It's way too sweet and with making it yourself, it's easier to control the sweetness factor. 


I want to get more baking done before the weather makes turning on an oven insufferable. Hopefully my next recipe will come from the Milk Bar cook book I got for Christmas. 

1 comment:

Sara said...

Oh man, these are looking gooood!