Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Whovian Wednesdays: Still Traveling After All These Years


Source
48 years ago, a Mad Man in a Blue Box made it’s way to the BBC and it hasn’t been the same since. Myself included. 

Source
I didn’t even know what Doctor Who was until probably year ago when I would casually hear it from relatives and on the Nerdist podcast. I remember starting to watch season one in the beginning of the year, but after watching three episodes I stopped and kept it on the back burner. It wasn’t until after Comic-Con that I plopped down in front of my computer and ended up watching it streaming Netflix and I was instantly hooked. I ended up watching up to the 1st half of season 6 in two weeks. I fell even further down the Doctor Who rabbit hole when I rediscovered Tumblr and found people that were just as obsessed with the show as me*.  

So happy birthday Doctor Who. When you need a new companion, I'll be all packed up and ready for anything. Even if it is going to the planet of the hats. 

All eleven themes. Tweaked during the various Doctor incarnations:


*I was planning on writing on why I love the show so much, but my brain is mush right now. I'll be working on that and hopefully it'll up in the next couple of weeks.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

It's pretty crazy that the show has been around so long and is still gaining new fans. Yay, Doctor Who! :D