Friday, August 19, 2011

Friend Friday: Pursuing Dreams

 This has been the first summer since between my Junior and Senior year of high school that I've had the summer off. Of course it wasn't something I planned and I've spent the last 4 months looking for a job with no avail. My dad was telling me that I should try to be my own boss while still looking for employment. Which had me thinking, I do have a dream job, but it was something I kept mainly to myself. So when I saw this weeks Fashion/Friend Beauty Friday topic, it was something that I can relate to right now in my life.

We all have dreams, goals, aspirations. Putting them down on paper is often the first step to realizing those dreams. So for Fashion/Beauty Friend Friday we are looking at the dreams that we have – the ones we keep buried inside and daydream about when life throws a curve.




1. Fess up - if you could do anything professionally what would it be? 
 I want to be my own boss and own a business selling vintage clothing and crafts that I make.
2. What draws you to this? 
I was always fascinated by vintage clothing since high school. I like finding out where they came from and how they were made. I've also been doing crafts since I was younger and would give my crafts as Christmas gifts to family and friends.

3. When did you first start dreaming about this ideal? 
I started thinking about it 8-10 years ago. I would even got to thrift stores and gather things for my future shop. But then other things in my life happened and I've put it on the back burner until recently. 

4. What's holding you back from going all in? 
Of course when starting your own business, finding the seed money will be an issue. Another thing is that I'm afraid to fail. It's the worst feeling when you can't achieve your dreams. However, like I mentioned above with everything that has happened in the last 4 months, being jobless and having to start over again with looking for employment, it's my version of rock bottom. It makes me realize shouldn't be afraid of wanting to pursue my dreams. The people that I admire followed theirs after having setbacks and have become very successful.

5. Sometimes the first step is the hardest... what's one step you can take now on the way to realizing your dream? 
By coming up with a business plan, something I haven't done yet and also having tighter time management skills. Right now I'm doing all this from home so there are many distractions that will deter me from being productive. I need to have a set time when I'm going to work and adhere to it.


Thanks again to Katy for this thought provoking topic. 
Check out ModlyChic to read my fellow bloggers dreams and aspirations. 

ModlyChic FBFF



No comments: