Friday, August 12, 2011

Friend Friday: Fancy Nails

Usually when I do my nails, I'll put whatever color I'm liking at the moment. I might even add a coat of glitter polish. But lately I've seen a lot of nail art that's not only very wearable for everyday, but easy enough for anyone to try out.

This week Kendra of Thrifty and Shameless is hosting this weeks Friend Friday which is all about nail art. 

So I decided to try something different with my nails. With some help from The Glitter Guide, I did some ombre nails.

They didn't come out too bad although I will make some changes the next time I do this. Specially to go and buy french manicure strips instead of using address label stickers. They left a residue that took a while to get off without messing up the manicure any further. For the base I used China Glaze China Rouge and for the tips I used Zoya Sarah and China Glaze Fairy Dust.


Here's some other cool nail art I would like to try out in the future.

Cherry Blossoms




Newsprint




Of course I had to add these two designs...







What kind of nail art are you itching to try out?



4 comments:

Megan said...

I've done the newsprint before and my only advice is make sure it's a recent newspaper so that the ink is still fresh and will transfer better.

For me I'm dying to try nails like this: http://cupcakesclothes.blogspot.com/2011/06/notd-shooting-stars.html they remind me of unicorns for some reason. Not sure why, maybe it's the colors. Also those Dr. Who nails are pretty cool. I like the milky way looking nails in the last picture.

laura said...

I've been seeing those cherry blossom nails in lots of places lately (as with the newspaper ones), and they seem simple enough to do, but my left hand isn't so steady to draw on my right nails! Those Dr. Who nails are amazing! Personally, I'd like to try some Wonder Woman nail art!

Citizen Rosebud said...

i love the way the newsprint nails look. i don't nail polish my nails so I have to live it out through you!

Jennifer said...

I haven't really polished my nails in years. This post might have inspired me to do a little more than a clear coat...how in the world do people get that kind of detail? And the newsprint...that's just awesome.