Saturday, June 11, 2011

I'll Forgive You, If I Outlive You...

 whatiwore.06.10.11
Top, Skirt, and Jean Jacket: Old Navy
Belt: Thrifted
Sandals: Payless
Quilted bag: Tilly's
Necklace: American Eagle Outfitters
Rings: Bow- Charlotte Russe, Rhinestones- Forever 21, 
Circle- Top Shop

whatiwore.06.10.11_2

Last night I went to go see Jenny and Johnny over at The Casbah and it was awesome. The venue is small and cozy, even it was stifling hot at times. No wonder the last four digits of their phone number spells hell. Haha. But everyone was chill, bopping our bodies along to the music. Nik Freitas and La Sera (who I think is a doppelganger for Florence Welch) were the two opening acts and I enjoyed both very much. 

La Sera
Katy Goodman of La Sera

The last time I saw Jenny Lewis in concert, she was opening for Death Cab for Cutie in support for her debut solo album, Rabbit Fur Coat. Johnathan Rice was also touring with her as part of her back up band, so it was great seeing them perform again as Jenny and Johnny. I'll also add that Jenny is a good performer because when she sings, you can see the emotion she brings to each song. Now that I've seen her as a solo act and in Jenny and Johnny I'm hoping one day to see her with the rest of her Rilo Kiley band
mates.

IMG_0284
Jenny

Johnathan Rice
Johnny

   I also recorded three of their song performances. Enjoy!



No comments: