Friday, May 27, 2011

Friend Friday: I Whip My Hair Back and Forth

 Today's Friend Friday question is all about our hair routines. Check out Modly Chic to find out how bloggers maintain their shiny manes.
1. How often do you get your hair cut?
I get my hair cut about every three to four months.



What my hair currently looks like. I had bangs a month prior, but now I'm growing them out.

2. Do you go to the same stylist each time, try someone new, go to the 
cheap hair cutting chains or live it up in a salon?
As of now I go to one stylist Katherine because she knows how to cut my hair. I won’t go to any other stylists in the salon.  I’ve been going to her for the past three years and I had to go through a lot of stylists to find her. I remember going to cheaper chains when I was growing up and I still have a bad hair cutting experience from one of them. The stylist was cutting my hair then midway through she had to help another stylist. I didn’t notice until I got home that one side was lopsided. Instead of telling my mom and going back to the stylist to fix it, I tried doing it myself and made it worse.

3. Do you color your hair? How often? What’s your natural color?
I used to color my hair at least once a year and usually it was either a burgundy or black. The last time I dyed my hair was two years ago and I’m still trying to grow the color out. My natural hair color is black but during the summer it would fade which made me want to dye it black. I got tired with how messy dying hair can be so I stopped. But with all the new dye products, such as the foam dye, I might dye my hair again. 



4. The one thing you always do to keep your hair looking great is:
I always condition my hair and when I’m taking a shower I take a wide tooth comb to help spread the conditioner. I also use argon oil when my hair is damp and that helps keep my ends looking nice. Another thing I do is wash my hair every other day. I’m also when I don’t have to go anywhere right away, I’ll air dry my hair. 

5. What hair trend do you love and wish you could rock?
I really wish I could rock a pixie cut but I just don’t have the face shape for it. Plus to be honest, I like having longer hair. Call it a security blanket, but it’s what I like.

1 comment:

She is Sara said...

I miss having long hair and I want to trade! You take amazing care of your hair and it shows, it looks beautiful!