Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Mellow Yellow and Some Blue

whatiwore.04.20.11

Cardigan, Top, Belt and Wedges: Old Navy
Wide Leg Jeans: Gap
Necklace: Express
Earrings: Forever 21
Watch: Target

whatiwore.04.20.11_2



I definitely like this outfit better than yesterday's. Although next time I wear it I'm going to swap the heels for flats. Thanks Lindsey for the suggestion. :)
Today my outfit was inspired by Kendi's outfit from a few days ago. I like the stripes and floral combo and that it looks like it isn't matchy matchy, but the colors still compliment each other. 
So for my interpretation, I pulled together this blue top and yellow cardigan (my only piece of clothing in that color). There's enough yellow undertones in the green of the top that it works. It's also a reminder that I need to mix prints more often. I also think almost every blogger has some style of wide leg jeans from the Gap and I'm no exception. These jeans are the greatest. I really like the fit and color, plus it finally has the length I have been looking for. A tad long for flats, but perfect for heels and wedges. Now I just need red heels from Urban Outfitters and a J.Crew checkered shirt and I can call myself a real style blogger. 
whatiwore.04.20.11_3

2 comments:

two birds said...

i love this outfit! the colors and patterns look great together! and those pants look fabulous on you!

Samantha Marie said...

I love the mixed prints, and the colors are excellent together! :) I also think the belt is a perfect touch. Very nice!