Friday, March 11, 2011

Friend Friday: Balancing Act

whatiwore.03.11.11
Top: Old Navy
Skirt (got 5 years ago): Old Navy
Flats: Trouve
Necklace and Ring: Forever 21

whatiwore.03.11.11_2
  
I'm so glad that the weekend is finally here! The last time I had a weekend off was in January. This will give me time to catch up on things at home and possibly do things I've been wanting to do for a while. Such as finally use my H&M gift card I got for Christmas, possibly check out what new books are out, and watch a movie or two. Oh and bake! I haven't done that in a while.

It's also another edition of Friend Friday. 
This weeks question:

Finding the balance – I think this is one of the hardest
things for us as bloggers to deal with. How do you do it all and still
live, work and play as you should?


1. When it comes to prioritizing your life, in what place does
blogging fall?


Blogging falls right between family/friends and work. I try to blog everyday, but I have things going on, I wont’ blog for a day or two. I don’t beat myself up if I don’t post.

2. We all wish we had more free time to dedicate to blogging and all
it entails. What are your tricks for taking advantage of the time you
do have to be as productive as possible?


Sometimes, I’ll jot down post ideas, but for the most part I don’t have any tricks because I’m one of those who will spend hours at the computer just trying to figure out what I want to say. I’m so glad that Katy of Modly Chic posted  tips on being a more efficient blogger. How did I not know about posting ahead of time and things like that.  When it comes to reading other blogs and commenting I’ll usually dedicate an hour to reading all the posts on my Google Reader. From there I’ll comment on a few of the blogs alternating everyday. 

3. Have you discovered any short-cuts that makes blogging easier or
more time efficient?

I  have a BlogPress app that works wonders. I can start writing a post when I’m at work, save it and finish it at home.  I’m also really glad I invested in a MacBook. I can be in bed or at work if I have it with me and just start writing a post on Pages, then I can copy and paste onto blogger.

4. Do you have an editorial calendar or something similar that helps
you plan ahead?


I don’t have one but it’s something that I will seriously think about. Right now the only consistent weekly blog post I have is my Sunday Videos. I’ve heard about the Editor but I might just get a little three ring binder that will hold my blog ideas and inspirations.

5. If time wasn’t an issue what you would be doing on your blog/for
your blog that you aren’t doing now?

I would use the time to go out and have the time to explore more where I live and the surrounding areas. I have a list of places I would like to go, but always find time to do so because of work and other obligations. If only I can have an extra day and car filled with gas. 

Check out what other bloggers have to say about blogging balance over at Modly Chic.

No comments: