Saturday, November 27, 2010

Black Friday

30 for 30 Items:
Old Navy Striped Shirt and Black Jeans
Payless Black Mini-wedges
The Icing:
Forever 21 Necklace


Another 2 outfit post only because I've been working during one of the busiest weekends of the retail season. I'm just so glad it's only one month out of the year. If this was every month, I'd be even more exhausted than I am now.
 I knew that I'd be running around a lot on black Friday so I kept my outfit fairly simple. Jeans and t-shirt. Plus I had to wear this work issued lime green hoodie. Maybe I'll post it, maybe not. :P


By the end of the night, my jeans were covered in lint, I got Creme Brulee Latte on my shirt and I was tired and delusional. Then I had to do it all again 8 hours later, (got off at 2am and had to be back at 10am) while waking up to a very stiff and sore body.


30 for 30 Items:
Old Navy Grey Sweater and Polka Dot Top
Reflections Brown Boots
The Icing:
Forever 21 Necklaces
Old Navy Tights


Yes, I did wear the lime green hoodie with this outfit and I did not get any funny looks from it. Plus these are some of my items that are currently not in the laundry pile. But I do like the pairing of the different blues. Although I should have worn comfy socks under my boots. Combined being already tired and constantly running around, my feet were definitely barking. Just being able to sit down during my break is nothing to be taken for granted.

Also for Black Friday, my work had a potluck and of course I made cupcakes. I made my standard red velvet cupcakes, but I also tried my hand at French Toast and Bacon Cupcakes. I got the recipe from Life With Cake and I have to say, it was a hit with my co-workers.


I think I made the buttercream a little too sweet which I'll take down a notch the next time I make it. Plus I think I'll add more bacon to the batter, which I added to the recipe.

Oh and I shopped...
for myself.
Yeah...
More about that later...


4 comments:

Poppies and Sunshine said...

I feel ya! Retail sucks this time of year! Ugh thank goodness it's pretty much Sunday. Love your outfits!

Anonymous said...

Bacon on cupcakes?! Never would have though! I'm sure they were great though :) I really love your casual black friday look, too.

Melanie@UnravelledThreads
Follow @UnraveldTreads on Twitter!

Ashley {hudson's happenings} said...

I looove your number 18 outfit!! And now I really want bacon cupcakes! Yum!!

Anonymous said...

Il semble que vous soyez un expert dans ce domaine, vos remarques sont tres interessantes, merci.

- Daniel