Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Picnics, Cupcakes and Thrifting Fails

 Top: Old Navy
 Skirt: Banana Republic Outlet
Sandals: Payless

A day off from the craziness that is back to school shopping, why yes please. I spent the first part of my day  making cupcakes before meeting up with some of my friends for a little picnic. It's still warm so I didn't want to spend a lot of time making cupcakes from scratch, but I also wanted to make something more than just yellow cake mix and frosting. Then I remember this post from Lindsey's blog and I had to try it out.

I used food coloring for the following colors; lime green, coral, Aztec blue, and purple
Baking in the oven
All done!
Finished product. Topped with vanilla cream cheese frosting. Yum!
Then I made my way to the local park for a little picnic with my friends. The public park is located in a planned community that reminds me of Gilmore Girls. It's perhaps one of the prettiest parks in the area.
Duck prints

It was nice spending a few hours with my friends that included snacks, girl talk and cool breezes. Two of my friends, Jenele and her sister Jamie had to leave early, so it was me and my other friend Rachel and her baby boy Aiden. He is quite possibly the cutest baby. 


He's also a very grabby baby. All of us were trying to keep him from eating the grass and leaves around him. Ah but who could resist such cute face? 


Before we left, I let my inner child out and took some pictures at the nearby playground. 

I then went to my new favorite thrift store, only to discover it was already closed. They must have changed their store hours again because it clearly didn't match the ones printed on their business card. 
Oh well, there will be more thrifting opportunities to come.

3 comments:

Poppies and Sunshine said...

I love your outfit! And that is such a great idea for cupcakes! How fun!

Lindsey Anne said...

Hi Stephanie! Awww, just saw that you were able to make the rainbow cupcakes! Your colors look so fun! It's my dad's birthday this week so I've got another cool cupcake recipe with a Filipino twist up my sleeve :) Btw, I'm loving your blue outfits! So very 500 Days of Summer-ish.

Stephanie said...

I love your outfit! And that is such a great idea for cupcakes! How fun!