Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Whovian Wednesday: Hooked On Phonics

First off, who watched The Name of the Doctor last Saturday? Without divulging any spoilers, I will say I was an active participant while watching it. From yelling at the screen and bawling my eyes out, I thought it was a satisfying episode with a ending that opens the door for the 50th Anniversary Special. Which is only six months away. 


Speaking of the 50th anniversary, BBC Books has released The Doctor Who Anniversary Collection. It's eleven books, one story for each Doctor, written by eleven different authors. 
Thanks to the awesomeness that is Twitter, I won a copy of Ten's story, Beautiful Chaos by Gary Russell, from the fine folks at Geekosystem. Today I got it in the mail and I can't wait to read it. Although I might have to be in a particular mood to read it. Just reading the authors introduction was already giving me the feels. 


The story centers around Ten and Wilf combating an ancient force from the Dark Times. This after Journey's End, so we all know how Donna is at this point. Ugh, my emotions. 

I can't wait to read the other books in the series. Which book would you read first? 

1 comment:

Megan said...

Ugh! Ten and Wilf always tug at my heart strings.