Thursday, May 10, 2012

Style Inspirations: Avengers Assemble!

It's been a week since I've watched The Avengers and I still can't get enough of it. After going to the midnight screening, I watched it again with my friends the next day and watched it again yesterday by myself. Plus I'll be watching it again with my brother who hasn't seen it yet on Saturday. To paraphrase a Tracy Jordan quote;

"I love this movie so much, I want to take it behind a middle school and get it pregnant."

This movie was the perfect kick-off for the summer movie season and everything about it was amazeballs.   Although I'm still not over a certain scene in the movie, it's something I knew would happen given it's Whedon we're talking about. 

I was going to write a review for it, but I saw this one and it does much better job than I would have done.  
So instead, I decided to bring back my Style Inspirations post and created The Avengers edition: 

Captain America/Steve Rodgers


Steve Rodgers, aka; Captain America, aka the guy Tony Starks dad would not shut up about. A man from the past placed in the present world. At least he got the flying monkey's reference. 
Iron Man/Tony Stark


Tony Stark, full of wit and sarcasm. If you start hearing classic rock blasting through the 
speakers in your plane, you know he's just around the corner. 
Hulk


I haven't watched the previous two Hulk films, but Mark Ruffalo is one of my favorite actors and I thought he did a great job as Bruce Banner/Hulk. His scenes at the end were nothing short of spectacular. 
Black Widow


So what if her main weapons are tiny pistols, she can still kick your ass. 
Hawkeye


Going into the movie, I didn't know that much about Hawkeye. But now he's my favorite. 
I do like a guy that can use a bow and arrow. 
Thor


He might have lost his penchant for coffee, I don't think there are any Starbucks in Asgard, 
but he still has the best hair. Also don't mess with his hammer. 
Loki


Oh Loki, my favorite villain. He's just confused and misunderstood. 
I just want to go up to him and hug it out. 

No comments: