Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Hana Titanium Flat Iron Review

The last time I bought a flat iron, it broke after a month and leave it to me to not utilize the store extended warranty. Doh! So for a while I ended up sharing one with my brother (for the record, his hair does not look like Stefon's after he uses it.) So when I was contacted by Misikko a few weeks ago to review the Hana S Titanium Flat Iron (part of the Hana Salon products), I thought why not. 

First off I was surprised by the other items I received when I got my package. Not only did I get the flat iron and the accessories that accompany it. Surprisingly the only hair related accessory that was included was a hair brush.

I did get some e.l.f makeup. The lipgloss was too sticky for my taste, but I really liked the eyeliner and eyelash curler. The curler isn't a replacement for my beloved Shu Uemura (still sad that the brand is no longer sold in the states), but it's better than the Tweezerman one  I bought a couple of months ago. 
But enough about the other items I got, onto the flat iron. 
The flat iron I received was their 1.5 inch Hana Titanium. As with most flat irons, it has multiple heat settings. I ended up using the iron at 370 degrees. I tried using it at its highest setting, 450 degrees, but it was way too hot for me. The last thing I need is to accidentally burn myself.
I first used the flat iron on the most difficult part of my hair, near the nape of my neck. It's more corser than the rest of my hair and usually with other flat irons, takes a little more effort to get it straight. But when I used the Hana, it only took two swipes before it was straight. 
Another thing I liked about the Hana is that the plates are really smooth. When I used other flat irons, it felt like I was pulling on my hair. With the Hana, it glided over my hair. My hair is straight on top/slightly wavy on the bottom so it only took me 5 to 8 minutes to straighten. Of course how long it takes depends on your hair type and length. 
The only negative thing I noticed when using the Hana is that it leaves a slight indentation on where I start the flat iron. I don't know if it's because of the heat setting, but I just had to make sure I didn't leave it there for too long. Other than that I really liked using the Hana flat iron. Unlike other flat irons I have used, my hair stayed straight the next day and only did minimal touch ups. I'm not well versed in when it comes to small hair appliances, but this one of best flat irons I have used. Hopefully it will last for a long time and when I do need to buy another one, I will be returning to this one.


*Disclosure: I was contacted by Misikko and given the product for review. I was not compensated for my review and all opinions are my own. I also do not get compensated when you click on the link. 


No comments: