Monday, January 9, 2012

Different But The Same

What I did on New Years Eve. Made a Ginger TARDIS, like a boss. :P
So I don't blog for a week and look what happens, my blog decides to regenerate! I kid, I kid. It 
just got a little face-lift thanks to Nikki of Design Coyote. The header drawing I had commissioned by Meg of Bow Ties are Cool last year. My blog looks so pretty now. I also thought that my side tabs needed a little nip-tuck too, so I changed them a little bit although I think I need to make them a little bit smaller. 


Anywhoo, I know every blog that I've been reading is writing about where their blogs were headed and I'm no different. I've spent some time thinking about what direction I wanted my blog to go. When I first started this blog it was basically something to post my fashion inspirations, but then I added outfit posts, shows I love, and personal antidotes here and there. I've tried having weekly features on my blog. But I have to say it's a lot of work coming up with content and having it ready each week and as much as I love doing my Monday Style Inspirations and Whovian Wednesdays posts, the only weekly feature I'll be keeping is Sunday Videos. 


I also always felt like my blog was a grab bag of whatever I wanted to post about and I wondered if I should buckle down to one topic. Personal style or pop culture? But honestly I don't think I can. These two things are such a part of who I am, that I couldn't pick one or the other. What I'm trying to say is that my blog content is going to be the same, but better. I want to post more of my pop culture ramblings, but I always felt like my writing wasn't effective enough. Seriously, I have an post on The I.T. Crowd sitting in my draft box for the last 6 months. But aren't we all our own worst critics? So I'm just going to ignore the critical voices in my head, and start writing. 


Which brings me to my goals for the new year. I know I have my 30 before 30, but I ended up taking it down because I know I'm not going to get everything done in five months. Eventually I'll be able to cross everything off that list. So for now, here are the six goals I have for this year:

  1. Read two books a month.
  2. Exercise at least three times a week.
  3. Start sewing again and learn how to knit. 
  4. Work on my Etsy store on regular basis. 
  5. Don't be so tied down to technology. 
  6. Stop hesitating and just do it. (Probably the most important one! I know this one seems to negate against the first four goals, but it's something I need to do in all aspects in my life. I spend so much time over thinking things. There times where I wanted to do something and I just did it. Yeah sometimes the results might not be to my liking, but I did learn from it. So need to think in this mindset from now on.)

I'm looking at 2012 with the glass half-full. I'm crossing my fingers that it stays that way or that it even overflows because then that would be great. 





No comments: