Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Simply Having A Wonderful Christmastime

The only picture I took on Christmas. An instagram of our little Christmas feast.
I think that preparing for the holiday season is similar to preparing for a big test. Better to work in small chunks instead of trying to pull consecutive all-nighters. I was not well prepared and did the latter only to crash and burn. I didn't get to finish everything I wanted to accomplish. One being my Christmas dress, which was a disappointing because I really wanted to get it done before Sunday. But I'm still working on it and I'll have it done for New Year's. I'm going to wear it even if I stay home gosh darn-it. 

During our Christmas festivities, one of the sweetest things happened, my sister got engaged! Her boyfriend proposed in-front of our family and his and it was just so sweet and heartwarming that there wasn't a dry eye in the house, myself included. Most of our family knew about it, and the fact that we pulled it off without her noticing at all was nothing short of amazing.

As for the rest of the day, we spend it eating, watching the Lakers lose their lead from the Bulls, my brother taking our yearly family group photo with now even more extended family, and playing some trivia games. All I have to say about the games is that I rock when it comes to my aunts music trivia one. I was the team spokesperson for my group, but there were times I didn't need any help figuring out the songs. I would totally blurt out the name of the song after a couple of notes were played.

This was basically me during the trivia game:


However I need to work on my 60's and 70's music because we lost in the group tie breaker because one of the other teams got the correct answer first. Plus there were times where I knew the song, but I could not think of the title. Ugh, that's the worst. Next year, I'm probably going to be my own team. 

Finally, the older cousins in our family have their own gift exchange and this year I got the Momofuku Milk Bar Dessert Book.


It's chock-full of recipes from the famed NYC Bakery, which I really want to go to the next time I visit New York. But for now, I can make some of Christina Tosi's mouthwatering desserts at home. This book needs it's own post.

So that was my Christmas in a nutshell. How was yours?



No comments: