Tuesday, April 5, 2011

This Fire Grows Higher

whatiwore.04.05.11

Dress (worn as a top):  Express
Skirt: Gap
Cardigan and Belt: Old Navy
Necklace: American Eagle Outfitters
Ring: Forever 21
Wedges: Hot Kiss via Famous Footwear

whatiwore.04.05.11_3


whatiwore.04.05.11_4


When I first saw other bloggers utilize their dresses as a top or skirt, I thought it was something that I couldn’t pull off. But I decided to give it a try when I did my first 30x30 and it’s actually easier than I thought it was. This is a great way to get extra milage out your dresses. Take this dress. I wanted to wear it to work last Saturday, but I was afraid that it was a little to short and that I would spend most of the time pulling it down. So I added the skirt and the outfit which made it hassle free. Even got a compliment from a customer. Of course I had to wear this outfit again on my day off. 

My day off turned into a movie watching day. In the afternoon, I watched Due Date and Wild Target and then at night I saw Source Code in the theater with my brother. I liked all three movies, but Source Code was my favorite. It’s a great action thriller where Jake Gyllenhaal plays an solider who discovers he’s in the body of another man and has to stop a commuter train from getting bombed. There is a Groundhog Day aspect to it, but the movie moves beyond that and gives the viewer some interesting twists. I will also admit, there was a part in the movie that teared me up a bit. Plus Jake is so dreamy to watch. :P

Also today, Death Cab for Cutie released their new music video for "You Are A Tourist" from their upcoming album Codes and Keys. But it's not your typical music video for it was filmed completely live. It reminds me of those lo-fi videos of the early nineties. It also has some Busby Berkeley style dancing. Love! Can't wait for their new album to come out. 

4 comments:

Lydia Marie said...

I love the florals with that shade of coral! Also, I'm a poet and didn't even know it.

Laurel Harrison said...

I love the colors in this outfit! :) You look amazing!

steffy said...

gorgeous pink skirt, and i love it paired with that top.


<3 steffy
Steffys Pros and Cons

Kate Olmstead said...

I too see so many people do the dress as a shirt or dress as a skirt trick and I always think about how I should try that. Yet I never do. I should change that, because, as you said, it is definitely a good way to breath new life into an old piece of clothing.

I love the color of that skirt, by the way. You look fantastic in it!