Monday, April 11, 2011

Style Inspiration: The Lisbon Sisters

Dr. Horniker: What are you doing here, honey? 
You're not even old enough to know how bad life gets.
Cecilia: Obviously, Doctor, you've never been a 13-year-old girl. 

As dark and depressing as The Virgin Suicides can be, it's one of my favorite films. I love this dreamlike atmosphere that Sofia Coppola created in adapting Jeffery Eugenides story about the mysterious Lisbon sisters. Inspired by the movie, I created three Polyvore sets. This is also serving as inspiration for my maxi dress outfit for Everybody, Everywhere tomorrow. Who else is participating?


1 comment:

Kristin Marshall said...

OK. Confession: I've never seen The Virgin Suicides. >_< I need to take care of that!

I love these inspiration boards. The floral maxi is so pretty! I won't be participating in this Everybody, Everywear -- looking forward to seeing yours!