Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Eleven Tweleve


30x30 Items:
9) Charlotte Russe Giraffe Print Top
11)Target Chambray Skirt


 27) Elle for Kohl’s Tan Lace-up Boots


The Icing:
Express Tights
Target Socks
Belt (forgot where I bought it)
Forever 21 Necklace

Don't let the post title confuse you. This is outfit #11. Also, this will be the last sunny picture for awhile. Rain is on it's way to Southern California and it's going to stay put for a few days. 
So expect to see me wearing more tights.




I should have done this when I posted outfit #7, but it’s better late than never. I recently received a Stylish Blogger award from Lauren of Wayfarers and Worksheets and Danielle of Another Blog. The terms of agreement with getting this award is that I have to post 7 things about myself. So without further ado, here they are.
  1. I was born in Japan - Every time I tell people this, I have to explain that it was on a Naval base and I don’t know any Japanese. Unfortunately I was still a baby when I left so I don’t really remember much. But maybe one day I’ll get to go back and visit. 
  2. I almost drowned in the beach - I think I was 10 when I went to Laguna Beach with my dad and siblings. I only about a foot away from the sand when all of a sudden a current pulled me under. I was probably in the water for a minute, but it felt like a lifetime. When my dad pulled me out of the water, there were a lot of on-lookers, so naturally I felt embarrassed. To this day, I still afraid of going further into the ocean.  
  3. I’m a huge Hello Kitty fan - Even though I’m getting older, my love of Hello Kitty will never wane. I’m such a sucker when Target has Hello Kitty items in their dollar area. I can probably spend almost an hour at a Sanrio store. However, I will draw the line when it comes to Hello Kitty wedding dresses and fully tricked out Hello Kitty cars. 
  4. I live in organized chaos - I guess it’s a nicer way to say that I’m messy. Every week I’m cleaning my room. I can find stuff 60% of the time. I know that if I make more of an effort to be more organized, some of my daily stress will go away.
  5.  I love to bake - I think I’m better at baking more so than cooking. Of course cupcakes are my favorite thing to bake. This month I’m going to try to incorporate Girl Scout cookies into my cupcakes. I can probably find a recipe for that. 
  6. My favorite actress is Audrey Hepburn - The first movie I ever saw of her’s was Breakfast at Tiffany’s in my high school film class. I was so mesmerized by her grace and charm that I was instantly hooked. I have seen almost all of her movies, have at least 5 books about her, and have various Breakfast at Tiffany’s posters. I even dressed up as Holly Golightly for Halloween in ’09.
  7. I love listening to NPR and watching PBS - Nerdy I know, but I can’t help it. I enjoy listening to “Wait, Wait, Don’t Tell Me,” “A Prairie Home Companion,” “This American Life,” and “All Things Considered.” As for TV programs, it’s “Masterpiece Theater,” “American Masters,” and “Great Performances.” Another show I watch on a regular basis is “Visiting...with Huell Howser.” I might have to do a post just on him, because he’s pretty awesome.
I'm tagging these 7 awesome bloggers and taking a cue from Danielle since these are the awesome blogs I have discovered via the 30x30. Hopefully you haven't done it already. If so, there must be more than 7 things about you!

Lauren of Sparrow & Urchin 
(I was already reading her blog, but she's doing the winter 30x30)

The post title comes from this classic clip from Sesame Street:

No comments: