Thursday, December 30, 2010

A Little Left of Center

Jacket and Shirt: Old Navy
Skirt: Charlotte Russe
Tights: Vera Wang for Khols
Flats: BC Footwear
Necklaces: Avon and Charlotte Russe


How do you like the slanted first picture? I bought one of those camera stands where the legs are flexible and you can wrap it around trees and such. So I tried it out on one of the trees outside my house. It took a little finagiling, hence the wonky pictures, but it still worked out well. Something to use when I don't want to lug around the tripod.


I also really love this skirt. I got it at Charlotte Russe last week for $5. Steal! I love the floral print and I can wear it during the winter (with tights of course) and in the spring/summer. I also broke a little fashion rule and paired silver and gold with my necklaces and it doesn't look garish at all.

Serious face!

The past year has had high and low points. But I want to try to make 2011 full of high fives and awesomeness. Here are some of resolutions that will hopefully make it turn out that way.

More Adventurous - I'm going to be my own Huell Howser next year and explore more of what Southern California has to offer. There's so many sites to see, places to explore so that's what I'll be doing when I have free time. I'll be starting my adventures next weekend by visiting the Los Angeles County Museum of Art (LACMA) for the William Eggleston exhibit and the Riverside Metropolitan Musem for the Star Trek exhibit.

Good Eats - I consider myself a pretty decent baker. But when it comes to cooking, I only know how to make the basics, ie: spaghetti, baked chicken. But by the end of next year, I want to be able to cook the Filipino dishes my mom makes. Right now I only know how to make lumpia, so I still have a long way to go.

Work it Out - I'm going to start taking better care of myself. Not only will I curb my junk food/soda habit and get off my but and start exercising, but I will also remember that the doctor/dentist are not scary. I pay for my health insurance, I minus well use it.

Shopgirl - In July, I finally listed two items on my etsy store and haven't listed anything since. I just need to motivate myself to list every week or so.

Reading Rainbow- I have the bad habit of either checking out books from the library or buying them and letting them sit around collecting dust and/or fines. Next year I will try to read at least two books a month. I can only read so much from magazines before my brain needs to start fully functioning again.

Single Ladies - I will embrace being single next year and just have fun and not worry about guys. I might go back into the dating pool, my sister says I should try match.com, but it won't be my top priority. No crying over boys or getting my heart broken in 2011.
 
What are some of your new years resolutions?

1 comment:

Somedaysmarter said...

I wouldn't mind if you did! I want to know about the new places you discovered where you live. :)