Friday, December 3, 2010

Good Hair Day

30 for 30 Items:
American Eagle Outfitters Purple Floral Dress
Old Navy Tan Beaded Cardigan and Skinny Jeans
Reflections Brown Boots
The Icing:
Old Navy Turquoise Belt
Forever 21 Bracelet

Today's outfit creation is courtesy Brittany of Not All Who Wander Are Lost.
She also suggested wearing tights instead of the jeans, but I wanted to see how I can style the dress and jeans without making it look like this...

First I tried belting the top of the dress and pulling it up to cover the belt. But that wasn't working. Then I thought of hiding the bottom two layers with safety pins, but I didn't have enough to pin it all around. But then I forgot that I do have some sewing skills. So with needle and thread in hand, I did a quick top stitch on the last two layers and ta dah!
I turned this dress into a top, which I previously wore as a skirt.
Only 6 more outfits to go! I can't believe this challenge went by so quickly. I have one more reader created outfit tomorrow, then it'll be the home stretch. I've also been having a good hair day(s) lately. It's been very cooperative with me. One product I've been using lately is argon oil. When I first heard about it, I thought it would make my hair more oily. But it's the complete opposite and has given me the three good hair traits I've always wanted; shiny, bouncy, and touchable.
Too bad it doesn't get rid of the "stress hairs" I occasionally find. :P


2 comments:

Brittany said...

Yay you look so cute, so glad it turned out well! You did a good job and you're soo pretty!

Brittany said...

p.s. I love the cute kitties loving on you :)